Derwent Lightfast pencils are oil-based, smooth, creamy and very lightfast. They feature a new design of core that is resistant to prolonged colour change, ensuring your artwork will not fade for up to 100 years under museum conditions. The thick core gives a dense colour application which brings vibrancy to any drawing.
- 100% lightfast – won’t fade for up to 100 years
- Derwent’s most premium pencil.
- Formulated to be 100% lightfast, pigments are resistant to colour change meaning artworks will not fade for up to 100 years under museum conditions.
- Tested under the harshest conditions to internationally recognised standards, Derwent Lightfast offers a broad range of colours not seen in other lightfast collections.
- The oil-based nature of these pencils creates a buttery, velvety texture allowing complete integration of colours for mixing and blending.
- A pencil blending medium can be used with a paint brush to mix colours directly on a paper or canvas surface. (May affect lightfastness)
- With an opaque laydown, dark colours applied with the precision of a hard sharp point will sit well over lighter shades for effective layering when outlining and defining negative space.
Watch as Derwent Ambassador Jake Spicer reviews the Derwent Lightfast range.
Download the Derwent Lightfast Colour chart here &
ART AT HOME
Lightfast Pencils – Colour a Acorn – Step by Step – Download this free activity to use with Derwent Lightfast pencils!